Wine and Whining

There is a very smart author that I love to read.  His name is Seth Godin, he is a marketing writer.  What he really writes about though, is thinking.  Today he has me thinking about whining. 

I thought about this a lot today.  My pregnant sister and I walked up to the bar in a restaurant last night - looking a lot like a joke - a cancer patient and a pregnant woman walk up to a bar....  The bartender, that evidently drew the short straw, asked what we would like to drink.  There are a LOT of things I would LIKE to drink, I thought woefully.  We ordered two glasses of New York's finest um, tap water.  But I wanted some wiiiiiiinnnnneee!

Today, I overheard a woman complaining about being 38. At the cancer center.  Seriously.  

My sister and I played with a 11 year-old boy with osoteosarcoma today that may not get to complain about being 38, or even 12, or wine.

As Seth Godin points out, whining is a colossal waste of time, and only begets more whining.  I don't want to waste any time whining.

Comments

  1. You're amazing, we're all cheering you on and praying for you. BTW, I would shave my head if you decided to. I know, I'm almost there anyway, I'm just saying! We Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am sure a known whiner, and now I feel very foolish and rather stupid. Like I said earlier, this disease is not to 'cure' you my darling, but I think to 'cure' the people who love you...BTW, my family always offers me cheese with my whine...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Ann Graham. You are an amazing human being. Thank you for sharing with us! Eva and co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day does not go by when you and your family are not on our mind.....You are in our prayers, but mostly in thoughts. Your bravery, cheerfulness and willingness to talk about your inner thoughts is a great inspiration to us all. xox Colt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts